You Are Viewing
In these trying times, we are proud to present some of the work we’ve done to hold online galas and events:
- Urban Pathways 2020 Online Gala was held May 14, 2020
- Bill Weir, CNN Anchor served as the Emcee for this year’s Online Gala
- Harry Santa-Olalla served as the auctioneer
- Despite COVID-19 affecting so many organizations, Urban Pathways was not only one of the first organizations to decide to make their gala virtual, they exceeded their fundraising expectations tremendously. With innovation, hard work, and determination, The Urban Pathways 2020 Online Gala was well produced and very successful, showing not only the donors of New York City, but nationwide, the work that Urban Pathways does, raising money for the homeless at a time when they need it the most.
- For 45 years, Urban Pathways has served as the first point of contact for many of New York City’s most vulnerable residents — men and women who live on the streets, many of whom struggle with mental illness or substance use disorders. This organization provides a range of programs from outreach to housing, all accompanied by comprehensive support services which enable our clients to remain housed and independent.
- Virtual 2020 Innovative Learning Awards was held May 28, 2020
- Sam Champion, ABC’s weather anchor served as the Emcee
- The Triangle Awardees included Skylyn (student), Natasha Sanchez (parent), & Beth Hickey (teacher)
- PowerMyLearning Visionaries of the Year included Loraine Gardner & Daniel Dolgin
- PowerMyLearning raised over $250,000
- Jaime McDonald served as the auctioneer
- PowerMyLearning is a national non-profit organization with the mission of helping students in low-income communities, together with their teachers and families, harness the power of digital learning to improve education outcomes.
Brooklyn Community Services
- The 2020 Virtual Spirit Awards was held June 8th, 2020
- BCS raised 200,000
- CK Swett served as the auctioneer
- Gala honorees’ included Lorraine DiPaulo (Philanthropic Leadership Honoree), Jacqueline Woodson (Art & Culture Honoree), and Brad Lander (Civic Leadership Honoree)
- Brooklyn Community Services empowers children, youth, adults and families of Brooklyn to overcome the obstacles they face. BCS partners with the Brooklyn community to ensure opportunities for all to access and excellent education, jobs, safe and affordable housing, quality healthcare and wellness programs.
- This year’s BCS Human Spirit Awards happen to fall during such a pivotal time in our country. Between a global pandemic and the rise of the Black Lives Matter Movement, BCS was able to raise money to help the people of Brooklyn through these difficult times. Adjusting to a virtual gala, BCS was able to raise money to directly help the essential workers of BCS provide the resources while taking preventive measures and social distancing.